| My husband and I wearing our derby hats, of course. |
| My mother-in-law's Pecan Pie Bites were a hit! The Benedictine Cucumber Sandwiches, Paula Dean |
We love a good themed party, and it was fun to come up with a menu fit for the occasion. Needing some inspiration, I went to where many ladies my age go, Pinterest. Although I do have to admit, it can be an overwhelming site that can leave you feeling less than crafty yourself. In moderation, it's a great booster for sparking ideas.
I found lots of southern style comfort foods which helped create our spread of: mac n cheese, fried chicken, biscuits, benedictine (cucumber) sandwiches, and pecan pie bites. I did find a couple of pictures of some cupcakes, some covered in large red roses made from icing and others adorned in cheap plastic cowboy hats and horseshoes. The first, a little too fancy for my hands, and the other, a bit too elementary.
My Creation: "Winner's Circle" Chocolate Cupcakes
| On my Grandmother's Silver Platter. |
Ingredients
Chocolate Cake/Cupcake Mix (not pictured)
White Frosting
Green Sprinkles -grass
Cracklin' Oat Bran Cereal -horseshoes
Red Icing -roses
I'm not going to tell you how to bake cupcakes. Just follow the box, silly. Then let cool before frosting. I let my cupcakes sit overnight under some plastic wrap and decorated a few hours before guests arrived.
Note: keep cooling cupcakes away from edge of counter so your puppy won't get one. (I had to pull one out of my Chocolate Lab Savannah's mouth)
| Made Savy's outfit from a $1 store kid's apron, and iron on numbers |
| Cupcake Steps |
| It takes a few trys to get the hang of it without breaking. |
| The finished cupcake! |
No comments:
Post a Comment