We can only get healthier and maintain our healthy lifestyle if we consistently use the good products we purchase. It can be really disappointing when we purchase healthy, organic, gluten-free, or bulk ingredients, and then forget to use them because they are lost in the back of the fridge or in some cabinet. To avoid this, items should be stored in a way that keeps them fresh and in a place where you know where everything is. This way, you’ll be able to remember to use the things you purchase and know when it’s time to replenish.
5 Tips for Storing and Containing Bulk Items:
1. Choose containers carefully. Make sure lids fit tightly to ensure freshness.
2. Pick containers that are the right size and shape for where you want to store items.
Tip: Use square rather than round containers, as they can fit more tightly next to one another.
3. Use clear containers so you can see at a glance if something is getting low.
4. Label containers to identify the contents: flour, quinoa, oatmeal, etc.
5. Choose plastic over glass in case baking with kids turns into a sporting event.