1) Assess your current social media usage.
Do you know how much time you are spending on social media currently? If not, find out by making a list of each (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) and log your time for a week. Reflect on your findings. Is it as much time as you thought, more or less?
2) Decide if you want to be spending more or less time on social media.
3) Make a plan & take action.
- Schedule social media time. Actually establish when and for how long you will do it each day.
Organizing Tip: Use a kitchen timer to help you stay within the time you've allotted.
- Schedule "unplug" time and device-free zones. If there is a specific time or place you don't want to be connected to your technology... then establish that, let others know, and stick to it.
4) Adjust your plan after you have had the chance to try it out for a couple of weeks.
If you want to increase or decrease the time you've allotted, or re-specify a device-free zone, make the changes needed.