How to get started tweeting:
1) Go to www.twitter.com to start an account.
2) Personalize your background and choose your name/business name and a picture to identify yourself.
3) Type a tweet/update in 140 characters or less, 120 is best if you want someone to "re-tweet" your message and to not have it cut off. (Links will automatically be shortened)
What is the @ & # all about?
- The @ Symbol is used before your name to direct/link people to your tweets. (Mine is @SmilingSpaces)
- You can have conversations with people by putting their @------- name in your tweet which will alert them that you mentioned them or commented about what they said.
- The # or Hash Tag Symbol is used to track and establish trends. (I might use #organize, or #wedding, #performing to have my tweet found more easily by someone searching for a topic)
- Make sure your tweets have value to them. This will attract people.
- Share your thoughts, incites, recommendations.
- Follow other people you admire and comment on their tweets.
- Go to your Facebook account or Fan Page and click "edit page"
- Click "resources"
- Click on "link your page to twitter"
- Select which account or page you want and check the boxes for what you want connected
- If you want to edit any of your settings at a later time, just go back and un-check/check the boxes