Wednesday, August 10, 2011

National Garage Sale Day is August 13th!

This year I did it. I organized my very own garage sale. It's been a while since I've participated in one. The last time I believe I was probably 9 years old. I decided to have it on a Wednesday (today) and on a Saturday (August 13th), which just so happens to also be National Garage Sale Day!. (Okay, so I planned that) So far so good. I can't believe how popular a middle of the week sale has been. I think a break in the crazy heat and no rain has definitely helped.

A few things I've found work well:
  • Visible Signs and a few ol' fashion bright balloons and streamers.
  • Moving things around and readjusting my merchandise as things are sold.
  • Greeting everyone with a smile and hello.
  • Putting a price on everything and making sure it's visible.
  • Being ready to go early in the day.
  • Having enough change. ($1, $5, Quarters, Dimes, Nickles)
  • Pulling larger items out so they can be seen from the road and draw people in.
It sure feels great to say goodbye to so much stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment