Thursday, May 19, 2011

Do you over think? Try going with your gut.

Something a "sandwich artist" said the other day at one of my favorite sandwich shops, Pot Belly, has stuck with me. I was having a hard time deciding on what to put on my sandwich for a dressing when she recommended an option to me. She said, "I promise you it's a very little commitment, try it."

What I loved about what she said was that she was completely right. So often we get caught up vacillating over something for way longer than we really have to or should. We oftentimes end up going with what our first instincts were telling us anyway. Why not just go with our first reaction more often. It sure will save us a lot of time.

I'm sure there are more important things that require more thought. Don't let making little decisions seem like a bigger deal than they really are. Go with your gut, and enjoy your sandwich.

Save the pondering for...dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment