How to create a digital recipe file:
- Search for recipes online (many cookbooks have a digital counterpart, or you can subscribe to a digital version of your favorite cooking magazine)
- Copy and paste recipes to a word document
- Create digital folders for all your favorites so you can find them easily (label the files like you would for a traditional recipe box: Soups, Desserts, Salads, Sides...)
- Make a "favorites" file folder to keep links to your favorite food websites and blogs
- Scan any hard copies you have and add them to your digital files
- Recycle the old magazines and recipe cards that you've scanned the recipes from.
- Hand down old recipe books to a loved one. Write a message in the front cover and mark the favorite recipes you've loved to make.