Monday, April 26, 2010

The "Quick Fix"

Everyone wants a quick fix to problems. I'm guilty of it too. It must be a part of human nature I think. Why is that? Has it always been this way, or are we becoming even more impatient and unwilling to fix problems with the understanding that it may take some time? I really don't know. The phrase that comes to mind is from the mouth of my grandmother years ago, "nice things take time." This is so true, and I think I remember her saying that because over the years this has stuck with me because it has proven to be true again and again.

Since we can't necessarily change human nature with a "quick fix" either, perhaps we can simply keep patience in mind more often. Little acts of patience will slow us down and help make time work many of our problems out.

No comments:

Post a Comment