Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Decorations

I love to decorate for the holidays. Some might be surprised at that and think that it adds clutter to your home that someone like myself would not prefer. The fact is, it really isn't clutter if you love everything you put out and rotate your accessories and decor accordingly by pulling out seasonal things to enjoy for a short time and then promptly putting them away when the holiday is done.

My grandmother used to be fabulous at decorating! She'd always find a way to make things look so coordinated, cheerful and fresh by adding new accents each year to make reused decorations look new again.

Adding bows with new pieces of crisp ribbon to a Easter basket, hiding a few eggs to find around a room, or adding just the right little candy to a crystal bowl on the side of a coffee table was fun for all the senses. It made visiting a real treat.

I decorate for my own enjoyment but also for the people who I expect to have over. I now have 7 nieces and nephews in my growing family. I guess a part of me hopes that they too will find the fun in having these little touches around my house change with the seasons.

My husband and I have found hiding two small Easter eggs around our new house for each other a fun little game to play. I think it brings out the kid in both of us.

After the holiday is over, I enjoy packing away the decorations and sealing them away for next year. Being able to see them for a limited amount of time makes me appreciate them that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment