Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Slow Cooker- Fast Meals

Last night, my husband and I enjoyed a delicious beef stew I prepared using our crock pot that we got for a wedding gift. I had forgotten how fabulous this invention is! I heard multiple people rave about their slow cooked, crock pot meals lately and thought I'd pull it down from storage and try it again myself.

It was not only fairly mindless and easy to throw some veggies and cut up pieces of meat into the pot, but smelled to-die-for when I got home from a long day at work. We were able to eat together without having to think about what we were going to eat when we were too hungry to make a good decision. Plus I have leftovers for tonight!

I will definitely be doing this again next week! Thanks Aunt Kay for the "Fix it and Forget About it" Cookbook!

My Crock Pot Plan:
1)Pick one recipe for the week & make a grocery list for items you don't have handy
2)Shop for groceries
3)Pick a night during the week that you know will be too busy to make dinner and set aside the crock pot and fixings the night before. I cut up my veggies, potatoes, and meat before I go to bed. Place plastic wrap over contents and place in fridge for the night.
4)Pull out the next morning and throw it into the crock pot, push the button, and go.

Come home and enjoy a dang good meal that is cooked, warm, and ready when you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment