Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Patience

So the saying goes..."Patience is a virtue." I've always struggled with being patient. I've always been one to look ahead and anticipate what is coming next. I've only recently started to try and really be aware of myself when I'm being impatient and have tried to "take a chill pill."

I think part of it is due to the fact that there comes a time when we are forced into having to be patient because certain things are out of our control. Lately this is the case for myself. Tim and I have had to be patient with our house hunt and finding the right place for us to call home. We've had to be patient with not knowing whether an offer we put in will go through or not with the bank on a short sale we are pursuing.

I've also had to be patient with starting my own organizing business "Smiling Spaces" and getting the word out that I am in business. Starting a business is never easy, and I by no means am ready to blame the economy on anything, but I've definitely had to be patient the last few months.

Being patient forces us to slow down and relax in the moment. It makes us have to appreciate what is happening now and perhaps enjoy the idea of having to live in the unknown. While it may be something I'd rather not do, if I have little choice in the matter I'll just as well make the best of it.

So, today I'll just go about my day not thinking too much about what will come next. Somehow I know it will all work out. It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment