Monday, March 9, 2009

Here's to.. ME!

First, I want to say that the title of this blog may seem a little ridiculous, but I think people should give themselves a little toast on their Birthday and celebrate instead of hiding their age and accomplishments.

Today is my 27th Birthday! Birthdays are always really weird. It really feels like any other day. Being on a Monday this year I sort of feel like I really had more fun this past weekend, especially since my sister Sarah was up for a visit. This was the first time she was away from my little niece. It was so much fun shopping and laughing together. We get along so well. I sure miss hanging out together like that. She said we should make a point to do a girls' weekend like that at least once a year. I agree. It was just so gosh darn fun!

Yesterday I went for a really long walk by myself with no music or anything to distract me from just my thoughts and the beautiful weather. It was quite brisk out, but sunny. I enjoyed being able to step on the areas on the street that had a little bit of ice and hear the cracking noise. I used to do that along the sidewalk as a kid and it brought back memories. I also enjoyed hearing the birdies chirp and feeling the sun on my face. It felt great to breathe fresh air and just have some peace and quiet.

No big plans today. Tim and I will go out to dinner later this evening. I am planning a girls' night out next weekend, so that should be fun. I still need an idea for where to take everyone. That is something I may look into today.

I'm not feeling like talking about my business today or giving any advice as how to lead a more clutter-free/stress free life. I guess I'm just feeling like reflection on my past weekend and 27 years of life is quite enough for one busy gal today.

So, here's to... well... ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment