Monday, February 23, 2009

Three Goals a Day

The sun is shining in this morning and it's the start of a new week. Tim and I had a good weekend and started looking for our first house. That's exciting.

Update on my New Business SMILING SPACES:
My organizing business Smiling Spaces, Inc. is off to a start and my website is almost complete. Tim has been helping me format www.smilingspaces.biz and I think it will be a great way to market my business.

Update on the progress of my Book BEYOND TALENT:
I'm also really excited to say the book I wrote "Beyond Talent" is now available online at wwww.lulu.com. I've been working on this specific version for about two years. The first version was published in the summer of 2006. I'm marketing it to those interested in starting and sustaining a performance career. Recently, a local performing arts teacher in the area bought a set of 20 for her classroom. I intend to reach out to more area arts schools in hopes for a similar response.

Today's Tip:
Lately a new challenge for myself is having too many goals. Is that possible? I think it is. I once read that setting a limit a day to three is good. I find that if I do that I'm less stressed and feel satisfied when I get them done and that anything else I manage to do is just an extra bonus. When I mean three things I usually include: Work, Workout, and maybe one errand or making a nice dinner, etc. In the past I've run into trouble when I try to do too many little things which makes me feel like I'm running around with my head cut off. So, setting a limit to three seems to help that. If I have a bunch of little things to do I try to bundle them into a group and prioritize so that the most important thing gets done first. Then, if I find myself running short on time I'm good to go. So, three goals a day keeps the craziness away.

No comments:

Post a Comment