Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just one of those days

Every now and again, I wake up and want to do something else that is completely different than what I normally do. Today is one of those days.

This morning I decided to sleep in a bit, which I normally don't do, and not eat the regular breakfast I normally have, which is oatmeal. Today I ate waffles and fruit. Okay, this is not like the most crazy thing a person could do but it is different from my normal morning. So far the rest is the same since I'm writing right after breakfast, but I also plan on skipping the gym and doing an at home workout later on this evening.

Sometimes I think it's best to simply listen to my body and do what comes naturally. Today is one of those days. It keeps things fresh and prevents me from getting tired of the same old things. It also gives new value to the things that I normally would do. It's great because it gives me time to catch up on the little things I've been meaning to do.

I slept good last night. I'm a bit sore from my workout yesterday, and I need a day to recover. What better way than to "just follow my nose" today (as my dad always says, rather than do what I do every day, which is follow a routine as best I can.

Today is just one of those days, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment